Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Picture/Card Holder

I have had this shutter in my garage for years.  It was already painted red (horribly, I might add).  I roughed it up a bit with some sandpaper and hung it on the wall. 

 It's perfect for the random family pictures you get in the mail and for cards for birthdays or holidays (valentines day!)

There are those curtain rod clips again!  I had to twist the hook on the end so that it would hang from the slates on the shutter.

If you don't have these clips just hanging around your junk drawer, remember I also found the clips at Joanne's in a package of about 20.  They are sold in silver, so you can either leave them or spray them any color you want!


This can also be used as a holiday decoration.  Throw some cute holiday pictures, shapes...make it your own! It's red, so I can use it at Christmas time too. 


I have another shutter that is currently in my bathroom, that I am thinking I will bring out for year round use and put the red away after Valentines Day until 4th of July

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike! I altered a shutter awhile ago, and love the results. If you're interested in seeing it, hop on over to my blog, http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com/search/label/shutter

    ReplyDelete