Friday, June 17, 2011

Chalkboard & Basic Barstool redo

I found this 70's (ish) chalkboard at a yardsale for $2.  It was an orangy wood color and it was missing the actual chalkboard insert.  I spraypainted it black.

I picked up some black chalkboard paint

And painted a thin MDF board that I cut to the dimensions of the frame

After 3 coats and 24 hour drying time, I rubbed chalk over the entire board.

Here it is in it's final resting place.

Notice the stool? Well that was actually a $4 Goodwill find and it was originally a  pretty beat up barstool that I cut the legs to the height that I wanted, sanded the heck out of it and painted it this pretty blue color.



It had loads of black and white paint all over it that I sanded down. 
 I made sure not to totally take it off so that when I did my distressing, the black would show through.


Here is my entryway now.  It still has a long way to go, but I'm getting there.




1 comment:

  1. Are you sure that first piece was a chalkboard? I have a Lang Calender holder that looks identical to that. Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete