Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bapron + Carseat Tent

So, my brother and sister-in-law were expecting a little girl and I knew I was going to make a little taggy blanket for her.  I got that project done and then two weeks before my sister-in-law was due I saw a post about a Bapron and a tutorial on how to make one.  Here is a picture of it:

(To read the tutorial got to The Adventures of Rory and Jess)

Super cute right?  Well, I went to work on making 3 of them.  On my last one, my mom calls and tells me that she was having the baby the following day!  Nothing like a little pressure!  I still needed to start making the carseat tent! Ugh!

What's a carseat tent? Well here's a picture and the link for the tutorial:

(For the tutorial got to Sumo's Sweet Stuff)

So I got to it, and as I am approaching the finishline, my sewing machine breaks! I can't even tell you how frustrated I was! But, luckily my friend Jen has a sewing machine and I went over and finished it fairly quickly!

I used citrus colors for the Baprons- bright pink, yellow, green, and blue.  Since my brother was going to be using the same green and brown carseat that they used for nephew, I tried to find some fabrics that would coordinate, but not be overly girly for my brothers sake.  I found brown fabric with small white polkadots for the majority of the tent and I found pink,brown,and green stripe to use for the straps and for the bias tape around the entire tent. 

They all came out so cute thanks to the tutorials!

Again, sorry no pictures of my creations because I was in such a rush to get them out that I forgot!
Hope it inspires you!

My Brother and Sister-in-law welcomed a beautiful baby girl and both are doing just great!
They received the package yesterday and loved everything...YAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment