Thursday, December 23, 2010

Trash to Treasure


I found the candle stick for $1 at a yard sale. It was originally pretty 70's looking. It was made of real wood and had some interesting holes burrowed into it (worms holes maybe).  I knew it could look better with a coat of black paint.  I sprayed it with black satin spray paint.  The Glass candle holder was the glass left over from a Febreeze candle.



It fit perfectly on top of the candle stick, I couldn't have planned it better.



The 4 slot frame was $2 at a yard sale and it was originally white.  I liked the little legs and the decorative metal pieces on it.

The 4 drawer cabinet was $2 at a yard sale and it was originally white with bright blue, yellow, green, and red drawers.


The frame stand was $1 at the Dollar tree and it was originally silver. I spray painted it black.

The two 5x7 frames I found yard sale-ing were identical and only cost $0.50 each! They were originally brown wood.

Some ideas for the frames (besides pictures):

The 4 slot frame:
N-O-E-L in each slot with pretty paper behind it.  Maybe some pine sprigs at the top for some decoration.
This is on my "to do" list.
Frames:


Printable subway art (Thanks, Its a Crafty Life!)



Printable Worship art HERE (Thanks, Serving Pink Lemonade!)
This is for an 11x14 frame, with an 8x10 mat or you can just use an 8x10 frame


Make a Silhouette of your kids head and frame, Tutorial HERE  (Thanks, the pampered mom!)


Button Christmas Tree (Thanks, Redheadcraftsmore!



Ornament art (Thanks, Craftily Ever After!)



Window Cling Art (Thanks, Crafily Ever After!)
I am going to be looking for these on clearance at the end of the season, my wheels are turning for the possibilites next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment